Usually when I wake up I have a sense of peace. However, today when I woke up I did not have that same feeling. I was a bit uneasy. I think I can attribute it partially to the dream I woke up from but there was something beyond the dream that my spirit was alerting me to.
At first I just brushed it off but the uneasiness continued well past an hour after waking up. I started to read a book and then journal but even after that I still felt the same. I finally stopped to ask the God what was going on.
It is quite interesting how He replies to my questions. Typically He will not answer me right then (but in some rare cases He will) but instead He will answer me later on via something I do or see or through another person. The way that He answered me today was actually through one of my professional photos that I had taken (the one above).
As I was zooming in and out of the picture I just so happened to look at my arm and saw a mosquito on me! (See photo below) The first thing that I did when I saw this, besides start itching, was correlate this picture to my uneasy feeling.
Just like in this photo, there is nothing that would indicate to you that a mosquito was on me unless you did like I did and zoomed in. Also, while taking the photo there was also nothing that indicated to me that at that moment a mosquito was on me. You really do not feel when a mosquito bites you so the only way that you are aware of it is either you look and see it before it flies off or you get that irritating itching sensation after the fact and you see the swelling.
I’d like to think that there are times when spirits may find themselves attached to us without us being aware of it. I’d also like to think that this is the same effect that parasitic relationships (intimate or not) have on us. When we encounter a spirit or a person that means us no good it typically happens the same way it did with this photo. It/they sneak in without you being aware, they drain the energy/time/life out of you, and before you even knew what hit you it (they) is (are) gone and you are left irritated, uneasy, swollen, and hurting.
For me, this was a warning that something between yesterday and today had latched on to me without me being aware of it and my uneasiness was a symptom that the Holy Spirit was using to get my attention to help me to see that there is something that has gone unaddressed but needs to be.
∆ Phone God: Thank you God for providing us with direction and warning when we need it. Help us to heed to those warning signs and walk uprightly as you desire for us to. Thank you for holding our hand as we continue on this journey of life. Help us make decisions and plans that are pleasing to you and that give you glory. In Jesus name, Amen.
∆ Chew on this:
- “Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.” – I Corinthians 2:12-16
∆ Ponder on this:
- Think on the times when your spirit was uneasy. Do you know the reason for it?
- Have you ever experienced a time when you were warned about an issue yet you ignored it and ended up in trouble or hurt by it?
- What/who is attached to you that you need to release?
∆ Act on this:
- Don’t ignore those uneasy gut feelings when you get them. Often times it is the Holy Spirit alerting you to something that you need to be aware of.
© Trillion Small 2013 All Rights Reserved.