I received the call and was told that I was chosen as one of the state finalist for the Miss Tennessee USA 2014 pageant in March. Since then my eating and fitness habits have been in full force. I have been feeding my body healthy foods and I have been consistent in my workout regime. It has been 3 months now and God has shifted my focus…(side note: remember that God loves shifts/new seasons so be sure you are constantly tuned in to the Holy Spirit so that you know when He is moving you).
A couple of days ago He spoke to me about the competition that will be in October. He was talking to me about this whole concept of judges and He then began to talk to me about Him being the judge. Now of course His judging criterions are totally different from the actual judge’s criterion. I had been focusing on “passing” the pageant judges rubric, however, He wanted me to focus on His. I have a handbook to tell me what the judges would be looking for but I didn’t know what God would be looking for so I asked.
The judges essentially will be looking at our outward appearance and stage presence/poise/confidence (with the exception of the interview) but God said He is focusing on my insides not my outsides and that is what I now needed to focus on. Of course He still wants me to care for my body but He wanted my focus to shift from 100% outside to now focusing on my inner beauty (what He cares the most about…I Samuel 16:7). He wants me to focus on being a Proverbs 31 woman basically (His pageant handbook, lol).
When God is in preparation to elevate you He first starts with developing you as an individual. He starts from the inside and then works His way out. If you are experiencing some character building tests then great, He is just developing you for what He has in store for you.
I am so excited to be on this new inner beauty journey with the Lord. I am looking forward to learning so much about myself, about Him, and about others. I am looking forward to the process. I do not want to be a pretty ugly woman…pretty on the outside but ugly on the inside…so I want to do all that I can to assure that I am just as fresh and so clean on the inside as I am on the outside 😉
∆ Phone God: God I am aware that you look at our hearts more than our outward appearance (how we look and what we have to offer) so I ask that you make me a more beautiful/handsome person on the inside as I am on the outside. Help build those great characteristics that will help me to be a better witness for you and a leader for your people. Please teach me how to be what I do not know how to be and help me to improve in the areas where I am lacking. In Jesus name, Amen.
∆ Chew on this:
- “But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” – I Samuel 16:7
∆ Ponder on this:
- If God focuses on the insides more why do we spend so much more time dressing up the outside?
- Would you say that you focus more on your outsides than you do your insides?
- How can you become a better person internally?
- What traits are you lagging in that could use some work? (diligence, honesty, humility, integrity, self-discipline/control, loyalty, etc…)
∆ Act on this:
- After answering the last question above think of ways that you could help yourself become better.
- Spend as much time dressing up the inside of you as you do dressing up the outside of you.
© Trillion Small 2013 All Rights Reserved.