For some time now I have been thinking intensely about my name and the destiny it has set before me; along with all of the awesome things that God is going to do in and through me this new year and forward.
I already have a clear grasp of what the meaning of my first name is so I began to wonder what my middle name meant.
My first name is pretty cool (See why here) so my middle name sort of has been given the back seat but to my amazement, my middle name is just as powerful.
My middle name is Nicole. This is the feminine form of Nicholas and it means “People of Victory”.
When I read this I was astounded!
As we see in the Bible days, names held meaning for each individual and names set the path for people’s journeys in life. I still feel it is true today.
I found this very exciting and encouraging because no matter what…I cannot lose! Why? Because destiny & victory were spoken into my life before I was even born.
The same goes for you too! You may have been born with a certain name or maybe people have labeled you a certain way, but take heart…God can give you a name change just like He did for Jacob and Saul.
Jacob was changed to Israel and Saul was changed to Paul. These name changes came during a moment of transition for them and it also came with a new identity and meaning. (See Gen 32:22-32 & Acts 9:1-19)
The moment we encounter God we have an identity shift. He takes what may have been bad and transforms it 180 degrees to be something dynamic.
You too can be called Victorious!
Losing is not an option, so when it looks like defeat, don’t worry…you were already created for Victory so that is just a minor glitch…nothing to fret about!
We can confidently declare and decree this because God has already called us Victorious and More than Conquerors!
So, anything outside of Victory is settling!
Don’t settle! Shoot for what you were born to be and receive; and that is VICTORIOUS!!
∆ Phone God: Thank you Lord for calling me victorious before I even entered the world. I am decreeing and declaring this promise over my life and I will settle for nothing less than victory! I am more than a conqueror and conquer is what I shall do. In Jesus name, Amen.
∆ Chew on this:
- ”For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you to fight for you against your enemies to give you victory.”–Deuteronomy 20:4
- “For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.” –I John 5:4
- “Now this I know: The LORD gives victory to his anointed. He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary with the victorious power of his right hand.”–Psalm 20:6
- “With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies.” –Psalm 60:12
- “Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.” –Romans 8:37
∆ Ponder on this:
- What does your name mean?
- What does God call you?
∆ Act on this:
- No longer tolerate being called or treated beneath what your Heavenly Father calls you or the way He treats you. Combat those negative words with God’s Truthful word!
- Remind yourself frequently of Romans 8:37
© Trillion Small 2013 All Rights Reserved.