The picture above is one that I took a few days ago while driving home. It had been raining all day and the dark clouds were finally clearing out. I thought this was so beautiful so I had to stop and take the time to capture the moment. While doing so it reminded me of a time that I was on an airplane. I forget where I was going but I was very excited. The sun was shining and from my point of view, in the plane, it was going to be a lovely day when we landed.
However, that was not the case! The pilot delayed landing just for a moment to allow the lightening (wait what lightening?!) to stop before we landed. When we finally broke through the clouds and were now below the clouds I was able to see what the pilot was talking about. It wasn’t sunny after all on the ground, it was dark and rainy 😦 . This immediately altered my happy go lucky mood to be a bit somber.
Was I disillusioned by what I saw? No not at all because it was real and what I saw was all determinant on the altitude at which my perspective was. When I was high and above the dark clouds I felt optimistic and hopeful about what was to come but when I was leveled with and below the dark clouds I immediately had a mood shift.
I’m sure you have heard the saying, “get your head out of the clouds!” Typically when this is said it is referenced to someone who is daydreaming and/or not paying attention to his or her current surroundings” but I have come to tell you to keep your head in the clouds!
Why? Because the higher you are the less dreary your circumstances will appear and the higher you are your perspective will begin to change. You will no longer look at your circumstances from Earth-up but you will look at them the way that you are suppose to and that is Heaven-down. Ephesians 2: 6 reminds us that He has made us sit in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus and in Psalm 110:1 we also find scripture that says…. “The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”
The thing about it being cloudy and rainy during the day is that it is hard to see the sun but it is important to remember that the sun never left and it is still shining…it is shining above the dreary day!
The thing that I love about this picture is that it shows very clearly that despite the dark clouds…the sun still shines brighter and it gives some hope to the the dark and gloomy situation.
Look above the clouds of your life, look above the dark and gloomy news, look above the hopeless and dreadful circumstances and see the SON. The closer you get to Him the better he makes you and your life look. Don’t fear what is around you but instead choose to go up to another level and view your life and your circumstances the way Jesus’ does…Heaven down to Earth and not Earth up to Heaven…it looks a lot better that way anyways.
∆ Phone God: Dear God, I love you. Despite what my circumstances look like I have chosen to look beyond where I am to see things the way that you do. I will no longer be bound by what I see around me but I will be encouraged and motivated because I know that you still shine regardless of what happens! Thank you for your never ending love and power! In Jesus name, amen.
∆ Chew on this:
- “[He] raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.” – Ephesians 2:6
∆ Ponder on this:
- How do you view your life and circumstances around you? (Heaven down to Earth or Earth up to Heaven?)
- Heaven –> Earth perspective is seeing things the way God does. It is seeing the ultimate end result being full of hope, love, faith, and optimism despite what is going on.
- Earth –> Heaven perspective is being engulfed by all that is around you that it is so difficult to see the sun (Son) on the other side of your trials. It is focusing on all the chaos and troubles and not seeing a way out. It is seeing all the doom and gloom with out sight of a brighter day.
∆ Act on this:
- Decide now how you can begin to view your life from Heaven –> Earth rather than the opposite.
- What are some of your thoughts that run continually in your head? If they are irrational then replace them with promises from Heaven.
© Trillion Small 2012 All Rights Reserved.