A Prayer for the Ephesians
“14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”
Today I was driving from Nashville to Birmingham and I was listening to a song called “Deeper” by Marvin Sapp. Near the end of the song so many questions about “Deep” began to run through my mind. I couldn’t wait to get to my computer to begin blogging about them. However, as I am sitting here and reading different scriptures on this topic I have realized that I will not be able to go as deep talking about the “deepness” of God all in one blog…so I have decided to do a “Deep” series, lol. I am not sure how many blogs this will take but as I study this topic each day I will continue to blog about different revelations that I receive on it 🙂
So, for starters I will begin this series by saying that God Himself is deep; He does deep things, He thinks deep things, and He dwells deep. In order to encounter the fullness of God and in order receive revelation beyond surface material…you must go deeper. As scripture says… “Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me” (Psalm 42:7).
Verses 18 and 19 in the passage above are a key indicator to us that going deep is not an easy task. Going deeper in God requires intense & intentional effort on our behalf; laziness & complacency will not get you there. God and His love is so deep that it surpasses what we are able to comprehend in our own consciousness; it requires deeper digging. It is my prayer that you will allow yourself to go beyond a surface relationship with God and dive in a little bit deeper.
∆ Phone God: Thank you God for desiring to take our relationship to a deeper level. It is my prayer to be open during this process to receive deeper wisdom and revelation about you. I desire to go deeper in you Lord. In Jesus name, Amen.
∆ Chew on this:
- “Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.” – I John 4:8
- “…so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ…” – Ephesians 3:17-18
∆ Ponder on this:
- Analyze your relationship with God…Is it still on a surface level? Could it use some more depth and meaning? (Is your relationship with God on a “what’s your favorite color?” basis or is it on a “what are you passionate about?” basis)
- If you are still surface level then ask yourself why it is at that level. Are you afraid of going deeper?
∆ Act on this:
- Ask God to give you a scripture or passage and spend ample amount of time studying it and applying it to your own life.
© Trillion Small 2012 All Rights Reserved.