A couple of days ago I called my credit card company to pay my bill via phone before they could charge me a late fee. My bill was due that day and I ended up calling around 11:50PM (Central time zone). When I called, the lady told me I was still late because the cut off time is 11:59PM (Eastern time zone) the day that the bill is due.
To me I was early but to her (being an hour ahead) I was late. What determined whether I was late or on time was not based on where I was but was based on where she was. I didn’t get mad because I understood the policy plus she showed favor and still did not charge the late fee.
This got my mind churning about how God’s timing works. He doesn’t run on an Eastern, Central, Mountain, or Pacific time zone. He runs on His own timing, GST-God’s Standard Time 🙂
Many times this becomes difficult for us while we are in the waiting seasons. We feel that God is taking too long to show up because according to “our time”, He is late. However, God is not looking at our earthly time to determine when He will make adjustments in our life. According to His timing…He will be right on time and regardless if we feel He has showed up late or even early, it will always be perfecting timing.
Your timing and due dates will not persuade God one way or the other so it is in our best interest to just trust in Him and rely on His perfect timing.
Just like with my bill, in actuality I was late but she made it appear as if I was on time. God may show up “seemingly late” but even in those moments…He is still on time! Isn’t it amazing how that works?! 🙂
∆ Phone God: Thank you Daddy for your perfect timing. I am grateful to know that my life and all my concerns along with it are in your perfect hands. I will trust you because you know all and can do all. Thank you for working even now behind the scenes in my life and orchestrating things to work in my favor. Love you much! In Jesus name, Amen.
∆ Chew on this:
- “For the vision is yet for an appointed time; but at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.”- Habakkuk 2:3
- “Is anything too hard for the Lord? At the appointed time I will return to you, according to the time of life, and Sarah shall have a son.”- Genesis 18:14
- “Then the LORD appointed a set time, saying, “Tomorrow the LORD will do this thing in the land.” – Exodus 9:5
∆ Ponder on this:
- Find comfort in this: Just like a doctor’s appointment, you are given a set time of when to arrive at the doctor’s office. There is no guarantee that you will be seen promptly @ 8:30AM. The doctor may see you before that time or he may see you a little bit after that time BUT one thing you can hold firm to is that the doctor WILL see you, you just have to show up and be patient.
- Just like the old song says, “He may not come when you want Him…but He will be there right on time.”
- Or find comfort in this: Just like a pregnant woman. She is given a due date of when to expect her baby to be born. Rarely have I seen a baby actually born on that exact date. I think it is given more so for a guesstimated arrival time frame. The parents are beginning to prepare for his/her arrival well in advance so that regardless if the baby comes out earlier or later than expected, they will be ready. Just because the baby does not come out when you expect it that does not mean it is not coming out. TRUST me that little one has to come out sooner or later if he/she wants to or not….when that DUE time hits…there is no stopping it from coming.
∆ Act on this:
- Stop wondering IF it will happen and start believing that it WILL happen.
- If God has given you a promise then you can take it to the bank…Start preparing for whatever it is that He has promised you.