In my new book (soon to be published-stay tuned) I talk about how the Holy Spirit guides us as we are in route to our destiny. I correlate the Holy Spirit to a navigational system and I talk about how they both have similar features.
One thing that I do mention is how a navigational system does not continue to give you new instruction if you have yet to finish the first step it gave you. When you are on a long trip it will tell you to remain on the expressway for X amount of miles and you may not hear its voice for another hour.
Just like the navigational system, the Holy Spirit will not waste His breath telling you to do something else when you have yet to fulfill the first step. Our steps are ordered by the Lord which means one step will lead us to the next step and so on.
If you are in a place where you are asking God what is next but He does not seem to be responding then maybe you should rephrase your question and ask, “Lord, what should I be doing NOW?” instead of, “Lord, what should I do NEXT?”
He probably has already given you something that you could be doing so He is waiting on you to do that first before He gives you anything new.
I found this to be true while writing my book. I wanted God to give me the first, middle, and last steps simply because that is the type of person I am; I am a planner who wants to know how things will flow.
It was a bubble burst for me because that isn’t how God rolls, lol. He told me to write, so I did. As I came to a close in the book then He began giving me new instructions. It wasn’t until I did what I was first told to do that He then was able to progress me forward.
So, I write this to you today to encourage you to look at the areas in your life that seem to be at a standstill although you feel it should be further along than what it is. Is the delay due on your part? Re-evaluate what you are doing and ask God to reveal to you the steps that you have been attempting to overlook and skip past. Every step with God has purpose and meaning behind it.
If you are going to do something…why half step?
Do it and do it well!
∆ Phone God: Dear Lord, thank you that you are a God of order. I admit that I do need a little bit more structure, discipline, and diligence in my life. I ask for you to help me to line up with you and pursue the things that you have already placed in front of me to do. Thank you that this is the season that you are realigning things and placing order where there has been chaos. Let me help in the order by alleviating the chaos in my life that I do have influence to change.
∆ Chew on this:
- “The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way.” – Psalm 37:23
- A man’s steps are of the Lord; how then can a man understand his own way?” – Proverbs 20:24
- O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.” – Jeremiah 10:23
- “The Lord had said to Abram, “Leave your country, your people and your father’s household and go to the land I will show you.” – Genesis 12:1 (take note of how God said go to a place I will show you…He told Him to go but didn’t tell Him where until he did the first step of going)
∆ Ponder on this:
- Are things being delayed because of your inactivity?
- What is one thing that you can for certain say, “this has yet to happen and it is because of me” ?
∆ Act on this:
- Find out what you could be doing NOW to help the progression towards your promise/assignment and then do it.