I had 3 consecutive dreams about 8 months ago all in one night that were dealing with the same things; faith & trust. In the first dream I was going around trying to figure out why one particular lady was given such a great amount of trust from God. I didn’t understand why but I said, “well soon the next person will have it too.” The second dream was me just talking to a friend about the first dream and a website of some sort was mentioned. Finally, the third dream was the same thing but the website was mentioned a little more in detail and something about silver. II Timothy was added here too.
As I re-read these dreams and reflected on them I soon realized that this woman that I was searching for in the first dream was me and the whole discussion about faith & trust provided me insight into my current season.
I must admit that this has been a very trying season for me concerning certain promises God has given to me. It has been such a spiritual battle to obtain these promises. My faith has been pressed, pulled, and strained. My level of trust & dependence in God has been exposed and my level of strength & endurance has been tested.
You never know your level of faith, trust, & strength until you are put into a predicament where they are needed. I have been tested in all areas and I am proud to say that I am still standing solely by the grace of God. I have learned to say, “It is well with my soul…regardless of what things look like I will trust you Lord because I KNOW you know what you are doing and you have my best interest in mind.”
Even before I was tested I would say this but God had to see if I truly meant it. Yea, I meant it when everything was cookies and ice cream but the truth really comes out when you are put through the test of fire. I am not burnt up and I have not given in so hey my proclamations still stand firm!
The woman I was looking for was me…I had the dream 8 months ago but at the time I would have never guessed that my next tests would be in the area of “faith & trust”. This has allowed me to see that God gives great trust to those who have been tested and have endured without neglecting Him; those who kept the faith.
One thing about the first dream that I love is when I said, “well soon the next person will have it too.” Keep in mind that you are not going through just for you. There are so many people’s blessings and deliverances attached to you! When you come out…they come out too!
Yes, going through hurts but I have learned to look at the bigger picture! I have learned that 1) God trusts me enough to go through & come out, 2) my ability to endure and persevere is a necessity because others are depending on me, 3) simply put, I am so much better because of it, and 4) I have been able to know God for myself on a deeper level than before!
It is guaranteed that your faith will be tested and it is guaranteed that what you speak will be tested; to see if you are just all talk or if you got some walk in you too. Even your promises will come with a test. The enemy doesn’t want to just let you have it so he will fight you tooth and nail to try and hinder you from getting it. If you want it bad enough you will endure the blood, sweat, and tears to get it!
I don’t know about you but I want ALL that God has for me! ALL of it! So if I have to be tested, so be it. If I have to be pruned, so be it. If I have to cry, so be it. If I have to yell, so be it. If I have to fight, so be it. If I have to wait, so be it. I am getting my stuff at any cost!
There’s a catch to this though…can you be trusted with the promise? Soon you will find out and that is reason for the test! Fight the good fight, keep the faith, persevere, and get what God has for you! Don’t be afraid when put in the “batting cage” of life to test your swing to see what you got; remember, it’s only a test!
∆ Phone God: Dear Lord, I want to be a person that you can trust to complete what you have set for them to do. What ever it takes to prepare me Lord, do it. I want to be the man/woman that you have purposed for me to be so get anything out of me that is not like you and pour all into me that is like you. Help me endure through these tests and stand firm so that I too may be a blessing to others when I come out. I am willing and ready to do all that you want me to. In Jesus name, Amen.
∆ Chew on this:
- “Therefore, having been justified by faith, we havepeace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.” -Romans 5:1-5
- “You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2 And the things that you have heard from me among many witnesses, commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 3 You therefore must endurehardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.” -II Timothy 2:1-3
- “For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.” -II Timothy 4:6-8
∆ Ponder on this:
- Is your character and your behaviors as you go through your tests showing God that He can truly trust you? Or, is your character and your behaviors showing him that you can be a bit iffy?
- What tests do you continue to fail and why? (To know what tests you continue to fail look at the pattern of the same situations you find yourself in…there is something you have yet to learn so you will continue to go through until you learn it)
- What and who has God entrusted you to do and help?
∆ Act on this:
- Take some time to look over your life and recap all of the lessons that you have learned through people and circumstances in life.
- Take those lessons, learn from them, and help somebody that follows behind you.
- Finish the course (test) so that you can graduate to the next level. You can be your biggest hindrance from moving up a level if you do not do the work at the level you are currently at.