Thump Thump…thump thump…thump thump…
“Do you feel that Trillion?” God asked me one day while “soaking” (resting) in His presence.
“Yes, I feel my heart beating God.” I responded.
“Good, so as long as you feel your heart beating it should be a reminder and indication to you that I am still working in your life!” He replied.
This conversation was stemmed from a deep cry in my heart for God to move on my behalf. I felt that I was well over due for some things in my life that had not manifested yet.
I prayed and cried. I cried and prayed.
I kept the faith, I held on to my hope, I prayed, I endured like He told me too…yet nothing was happening; or so I assumed.
My natural eyes saw nothing take place so I assumed my natural reality was the exact same as my spiritual reality.
That however was not the case…
I felt that God forgot about the things He promised me or either He was just taking His precious time…
“Will my promises ever come God!?” Was my cry for many days and nights…
I wanted to quit, I wanted to throw in the towel, I wanted to surrender it all and say that it was not worth the fight and pain.
I wanted to and I was a hair away from doing so…BUT God wouldn’t let me!
With a simple reminder that I still had life…God also reminded me that it was not over yet and it was not too late for Him to move!
My purposes and promises have yet to be fulfilled so My God is still behind the scenes working on my behalf as well as yours!
I am alive still because God made me some promises that He still has to fulfill…
I am alive still because I have yet to fulfill my assignment…
I am alive still because I have a purpose…
I am alive still because He isn’t finished.
Thump thump…thump thump…thump thump…
What’s that sound you hear?
That is the sound that God is still working on your behalf!
You are pulsed for purpose…Keep pressing!
∆ Phone God: Dear God, I have been in a season of delay for quite some time now. I do feel that I am well over due for some promises but I ask that you open my spiritual eyes so that I may see my situation from your perspective. Help me to learn what it is that you wish for me to learn in this season of my life. I pray Lord for strength, guidance, and wisdom as I press my way forward to obtain all that you have for me. I thank you for where I am now and I praise you for where I am going. I praise you now simply for what you have already done in my life. Help me to reflect back over my life and see the many ways that your hands have been working on my behalf. I thank You that my heart beat is a continual reminder to myself that even when I cannot see you moving, You are still behind the scenes shifting things on my behalf. I ask for mind-blowing peace and strength today as I go about my daily activities. I thank you and I love you for just being you. Thank you Dad, in Jesus name. Amen.
∆ Chew on this:
- “being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 1:6
- “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” –Psalm 34:18
- “And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” –Romans 8:28
- “…11In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 12 in order that we, who were the first to put our hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory…” – Ephesians 1:3-14
∆ Ponder on this:
- How does delayed seasons and delayed promises alter your feelings and thoughts towards God? Does it push you further away from Him or does it make you draw closer?
- What are some reasons that we experience delays in life? What purpose does God have for them? (See Daniel 10 for one reference)
∆ Act on this:
- Take time today to sit still before God and have a dialogue with Him about what you have been experiencing as you wait. Ask Him to reveal to you what it is that He wants you to learn about yourself and about Him.
- Begin a journal (or continue to journal) as you go through this journey to your promises and destiny. [I find this helpful because I am able to then look back and see what I wrote 2 years ago and see the progress I had made (it’s hard to see your growth & God making subtle moves when we are in the midst of it but once we are out of it we are able to look back and reflect on all He had been doing).]
- Today, write down 2 to 3 things that you can give God praise for. Use these things as reminders to you that God is a sovereign & faithful God.
- Apply Philippians 1:6 to your situation. How does that now make you feel about your season of delay? A tad bit more hopeful?